CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday

Sketchy

March 20, 2008
Sketchy


Quiet week, eh? I've been sick for a bit over a week and messing about with various projects a little aimlessly. Last night, however, I got a bit motivated. You see, a friend pointed out a grand "new" website to me a few days ago: Gorillustrator and I immediately became both entranced and frustrated. Dammit, I wanna be able to do THAT. So after going through the Gorillustrator's entire site and a few days of futile whining, I downloaded Corel Painter X last night. Then it took HOURS for stupid Wacom's site to come up today - apparently it was down for at least 3 hours this morning and apparently I didn't have the driver installed on this machine somehow and managed to use the tablet and not notice the missing driver until I started messing about in Painter trying to figure out how the hell to do pressure sensitive brushes. (I have only just downloaded the driver and still haven't figured this out yet. dammit)So, whilst Wacom.com was down this morning, I decided to play with a sketchy-sketch of Metalman, a character I'm developing for yet another project: Los InterWebz.Now I just have to figure out how to use Painter like the Gorillustrator. Yeah. That oughta be ... umm, easy. Uh-huh.



UPDATE
So I've spent a good chunk of the day experimenting with Painter X and my Wacom tablet. Now that I actually have the silly driver installed, I get some better features out of it that I wondered why I couldn't get to work before (like pressure sensitivity). But I'm also having to re-learn how to draw digitally because a lot of actions work a little differently now.All of that is lead up to the fact that this is all I've gotten done in the past three hours or so.














No comments: