CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday

Sketchy - yet another update

March 25, 2008
Sketchy - yet another update

At this point, I'm flitting around the web looking up pictures of rusted junk ... and illustrations of rusted junk. Do I want him realistically rusty? If so, I'm headed in the wrong direction at the moment. Do I want him cartoony-rusty? I may already have made him too busy if that's the goal.
Then I remind myself that this piece is an exercise in learning Painter - sure, I want a nice looking piece when I'm done, and I'd love to be able to use at least a version of him in an online comic. But the real goal - learning Painter and improving my eye and my experience. :)
So, this is the little robot guy in the middle of my learning to use Painter and in the middle of rusting him up and attempting to add some depth. Remember ... he's still in process.





No comments: